James Murray, Ph.D.  403T Wimberly Hall
Office Hours Appointments
Office hours appointments are available with only a one-hour notice, and are generally available at the following times:
- 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM Monday through Thursday
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Monday and Wednesday
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Friday
Due on Wednesday, October 18, at 5:30 PM to the D2L Dropbox folder
- Correlation: FMF, Ch. 6, pp. 205-212 (skim math); 219-225
- Chi-square test of independence, FMF Ch. 18, pp. 815-816(top)
- Bivariate regression: FMF, Ch. 7, pp. 245-253, 256-260
No Homework Due for Oct 11
Worksheet: Correlation and Regression
For exam practice, be able to do problems 1, 2, 3, and 4(a)
For regression exam practice: Know how to interpret the meaning of coefficients in regression; conduct hypothesis tests on the regression coefficients.
FMF, Ch 9, pp. 368-397
- Rstudio is a great Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This is the graphical user interface that you use to interact with R, which is actually a separate software package than the R computing package.
- R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. You can learn more about it and when you are ready, download R to install to your Windows, Linux, or Mac computer.
- Online tutorial for first-time R user: http://tryr.codeschool.com/